All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Cortel Telecom Limited collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees of Cortel Telecom Limited who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Cortel Telecom Limited is a long-established company registered in England (Company No 2724112). It is a telecoms reseller and an energy broker to the B2B market.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
Cortel Telecom Ltd
8 Salisbury Court
Tel: 0207 247 0101
The personal data we would like from you is as follows (if applicable):-
• Phone numbers
• Email addresses
• Date of birth
• Bank account details
• Utility bills
• Copy of passport/or driving licence
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
• To obtain credit check and to prepare contracts for services to be provided
• To collect monthly payment by direct debit where applicable
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
• As a reseller/broker for the purposes of providing services
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Cortel Telecom Limited to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data, we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com
Cortel Telecom Limited will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. However, this excludes UK based nominated suppliers and service providers who will provide you services and/or our bank for collection of payments if applicable.
3.4 Retention period
Cortel Telecom Limited will process personal data for purposes stated in this Notice and will store the personal data for at least 6 years. Personal data shall be stored on a secured internal server and hard copy in secure fireproof cabinets overnight. No data shall be transferred outside of the UK.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Cortel Telecom Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on, should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data for the purposes of providing services. Should you require details of the third party please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Cortel Telecom Limited or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Cortel Telecom Limited’s Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The details of the contacts are:
Cortel Telecom Limited
8 Salisbury Court
London EC4Y 8AA
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
The data protection law requires serious data breaches to be reported to the ICO within 72 hours and to the individuals concerned without undue delay.